Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club | July 14, 2018
Pos,Sail, Boat, Skipper, Yacht Club, Results, Total Points
1. 372, , Chris Raab, ABYC/CBYC, 4-2-1- ; 7T
2. 26, Veintiseis, Chuck Clay, ABYC, 2-3-2- ; 7T
3. 56, Rubber Dog, Keith Ives, ABYC/LBYC, 1-1-6- ; 8
4. 376, Bandini Mountain, Mike DeBrincat, ABYC, 3-6-4- ; 13
5. 44, Whisper, Tony Collins, CBYC/KHYC, 7-4-3- ; 14
6. 294, Sluggo, William Schopp, Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club, 5-7-7- ; 19
7. 1350, Vim, Richard Welsh, Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club, 10-5-5- ; 20
8. 431, Highlander, Rick McGregor, CBYC, 6-9-9- ; 24T
9. 461, Sail Fish, Dean Wyer, CBYC, 8-8-8- ; 24T
10. 888, Darrell, ZOLTAN KATINSZKY, CBYC, 12-10-10- ; 32
11. 138, Marooned, James Knigge, Cabrillo Beach Yact Club, 11-12-11- ; 34
12. 32, Deja Vu, Burr hope, King Harbor Yacht Club, 9-11-16/RET- ; 36
13. 19, Breaking Wind, Gordon Leon, CBYC, 13-13-12- ; 38
14. 466, Kraken, John Stapleton, BUCYC, 14-14-13- ; 41
15. 1241, Peopermibt, Joyce Ibbetson, Bucaneer, 16/RET-BF-16/DNS-16/DNS- ; 48
November 9, 2017
Local sailor placed third in the J/70 North American Championship.
Bruce Golison, member of Alamitos Bay Yacht Club for about 40 years, has a passion for competitive sailing and a strong desire to be the best in the world.
He just recently returned from the J/70 North American Championship on the East Coast, happy to have placed in the top three after having only raced in the class for less than two years.
“I love sailing in very competitive classes. That’s why we are in the J/70 class,” Golison told The Log. “Right now, it’s a big class and a big fleet.”
Bruce Golison skippered his boat, Midlife Crisis, along with crewmembers Peter Kinney, Erik Shampain and Steve Hunt; they placed third among a fleet of 53.
He has sailed into first place at other East Coast and West Coast competitions.
Golison was the winning skipper in his class in the NOOD Regatta in Annapolis, Maryland earlier this year and overall in San Diego last year.
He qualified for the 2016 NOOD Championship Regatta in the British Virgin Islands, but said he was not able to compete due to scheduling conflicts.
“Probably the two things that drive me are I’ve never gone to the Olympics, and I’ve never won a World Championship,” Golison stated. “I’ll never go to the Olympics, but the World Championship is still high on my bucket list.”
Charity Regatta / Lido Fleet 6 Champs / Hamlin #1 Event
September 22-24, 2017 Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club
Keith Ives with crew Chuck Stevens wins his 3rd Cal 20 Class Championship victory.
June 21, 2017
Standings and Results: Series 2 through Race 2